Welcome to Tayrona Park & Santa Marta; the perfect combination to experience jungle and a colourful city in 1 beautiful tour!
Tayrona Park is one of the most beautiful national parks of Colombia. It is situated on the Caribbean coast about one hour drive from Santa Marta. This place brings culture and nature together in a wonderful way! The 15.000 acre area has a stunning flora and fauna. You will find more than 300 bird species, 770 plant species and it is an important nesting ground for sea turtles. With a little bit of luck you will spot beautiful butterflies, busy monkeys, dolphins or even the condor.
The hiking trails in Tayrona Park are landscaped perfectly. So strolling around in this beautiful area with lots of greenery, nature, amazing beaches and beautiful palm trees is an absolute joy! De-stress fully and leave behind all your negative thoughts and problems! You will love and enjoy the tranquility of Tayrona Park!
Santa Marta is well-known for possessing the most beautiful bay in America. Along the Santa Marta beaches, the sea is calm because of the protection provided by the mountain range. The combination of the white sand, the gentle waves, the beautiful landscapes and the Caribbean happy atmosphere makes Santa Marta a pleasure to visit.
Day 1: City Tour Santa Marta & Tayrona National Park
- Arrival in Santa Marta, a beautiful city on the Caribbean coast. It is the oldest city in South America and it is known for its culture, history and its Caribbean beauty. The Sierra Nevada is the highland of Santa Marta and its complex ecosystem is unique in the whole world. The outgoing streams of the Sierra Nevada flow into the Caribbean Sea and are accompanied by flocks of parrots and a variety of other bird species.
- Santa Marta is a place where you find sun and beach, but also much more than that. Experience it yourself! It is a peaceful place where Caribbean flair, a unique culture and a long-standing and interesting history encounter one another.
- During your city tour you will visit different places such as the monument of the football legend ‘El Pibe Valderrama’ and the ‘Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino’.
- Furthermore you will go for a panoramic walk of the Bahia del Rodadero and visit the beautiful viewing point of Taganga.
- In the afternoon you head on to Tayrona National Park, which is about half an hour from Santa Marta, where the foothills of the highlands meet the Caribbean Sea.
Day 2: Free Day in Tayrona Park
- Today you can spend the day on your own. Enjoy the beautiful scenery or just relax on one of the beautiful beaches in Tayrona National Park.
- Discover more than 100 species of mammals as well as 70 different bat species, 31 reptile species of which 4 are turtles, 15 kinds of amphibious and over 300 different bird species.
- (B /-/ D)
Day 3: Departure Santa Marta
- Today it is time to say goodbye to this beautiful region of Colombia which has surely enchanted you with its diverse, beautiful landscapes and its friendly people.
- You will be taken to the airport in Santa Marta from there head back home or to your next destination in Colombia.