Welcome to Colombia; the paradise of South America
See, feel and discover, because Colombia has so much to offer you! Enjoy sun, sea, beaches, mountains, deserts, colonial cities, unspoiled nature, culture, friendly people, rainforest, beautiful cities and lovely music! A perfect combination for the most memorable trip ever!
- Day 1: Bogota
- Day 2: Bogota
- Day 3: Neiva – Tatacoa
- Day 4: San Augustin
- Day 5: San Augustin
- Day 6: Popayan
- Day 7: Silvia
- Day 8: Salento & Cocora Valley
- Day 9: Coffee Triangle
- Day 10: Cartagena
- Day 11: Cartagena
- Day 12: Cartagena
Day 1 – Arrival Bogota
- After arriving on the airport in Bogotá, we pick you up at the airport and bring you to your hotel in the historical center. Your trip is about to begin in Colombia.
Day 2 – City tour in Bogota
- Today we are going to enjoy a city Tour through Colombia’s capital. Your trip starts by heading to the Monserrate hill. The cable car takes you up to the top of Monserrate, where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of beautiful Bogotá. You will have your lunch on top. Isn’t that special?
- Afterwards you will visit the historic downtown of Bogotá ‘La Candelaria’ with its magnificent churches, the government palace and the ‘Plaza Bolivar’.
- You will also visit the famous gold museum ‘Museo del Oro’ as well as the museum of Botero where you can see the beautiful works of famous Colombian artists. Search for the Mona Lisa because she is there!
- Bogota has a lot to offer. A walk alone will get you to the best spots, nice bars and cozy eateries. In 2010, Bogotá was selected as a Must See Destination by the renowned newspaper The New York Times.
Day 3 – Flight to Neiva – Tatacoa – Transfer to San Agustín
- Very early in the morning you will catch your flight to Neiva. From here you will head to the desert of Tatacoa. The Tatacoa Desert or ‘Sadness Valley’, the second largest arid zone in Colombia after the Guajira Peninsula. The scenery in Tatacoa is stunning!
- After enjoying this beautiful countryside you will continue your trip to San Agustín.
Day 4 – Jeep San Augustin & surroundings
- On day 4 you will get to know the fascinating area of Agustin. You will be inspired by the pre-Columbian culture for sure!
- Today you will go on a tour by jeep to discover all the archaeological sites in the surroundings of San Agustín, pass by different beautiful landscapes and get to know the narrowest part of the river Magdalena.
Day 5 – Visit archaeological park of San Agustín & free afternoon
- In the morning you will visit the archaeological park in San Agustín. In 1995, it was declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. The collections of statues, stone reliefs, funerary mounds, cobblestone roads, embankments, and terraces present this majestic legacy. It is absolutely worthwhile to discover this unique place.
- In the afternoon there will be time to relax. It is possible to stay in your hotel and enjoy your quiet moment. But it is highly recommended to explore the beautiful surroundings again by another walk or a horseback ride (optional activities – not included in the price).
Day 6 – Transfer to Popayan – City Tour
- In the morning you continue your journey to Popayan also known as the White City and the City of Faith. It is considered as one of the most beautiful treasures of Colombia. Since colonial times, Popayan has been the religious center on the road from Cartagena to Quito, Ecuador. It was home to many poets, presidents and writers from Colombia. The Museum of Religious Art is one of the greatest treasures in Popayan.
Day 7 – Indigenous market Silvia – Transfer to the Coffee Triangle
- On your way you to the coffee triangle you will stop at a indigenous market in Silvia. This will definitely be a unique experience. At the market you have the opportunity to look around and buy fruits and typical handicrafts. You will get a beautiful impression of the lives and the culture of the indigenous people.
- After that you will head on to the famous Coffee Triangle. Since 2011 the coffee cultural landscape of Colombia belongs to the Cultural Heritage Sites.
Day 8 – Salento & Cocora Valley
- Explore the area of Salento today! The area of Salento will impress you with great scenery. The stunning nature is beautiful, so look around and enjoy everything you see. The wax palms, which are among the highest in the world can reach a height up to 70 meters. They will catch your attention for sure!
- Besides you will visit the small town of Salento, in which you can explore the interesting and ancient architecture.
Day 9 – Coffee Triangle – Tour coffee plantation
- Today you will continue your journey to the beautiful coffee triangle. It is called the Tuscany of South America. On your way you will see rolling hills full of coffee plants, and in the background peaks of the Los Nevados National Park. Breathtaking!
- Your stay in the coffee area is an authentic experience. You will be dragged into the world of coffee. During this unique tour you will experience the process on a coffee plantation first hand. Learn, smell and taste. Keywords of this beautiful day.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the space and tranquility in the beautiful green surroundings too.
Day 10 – The Pearl of the Caribbean – Flight to Cartagena – City Tour
- Cartagena is the pearl of the Caribbean. It is one of the most important tourist attractions in Colombia. When you are looking for culture and history you have to go to Cartagena. In 1984 Cartagena has been declared as a World Culture Heritage by the UNESCO. The city combines an impressive, modern and colonial architecture created by the Spanish.
- In Cartagena there is one thing certain; you will never get bored! Cartagena offers beautiful beaches, fine dining, a lively nightlife and a significant hotel and tourism infrastructure.
- During the city tour you will visit two beautiful monuments. San Felipe de Barajas is a fortress in order to defend the city. You will learn about ancient times, the struggle that has been. Walk in the small corridors and feel the past.
- You will also visit the monastery and the church of La Candelaria on the hill de La Popa. On the top you will enjoy an amazing view.
- Free time in the evening! There is MORE than enough to do in Cartagena. Explore the city just by foot. ‘Get lost’ in Cartagena… Enjoy strolling through charming, romantic alleys. Little shops, bars and cozy eateries everywhere.
- Don’t forget to sit down on the city center walls to enjoy the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen.
Day 11 – Free day Cartagena
- Feel free to explore Cartagena by yourself.
Optional – Islas Del Rosario
Explore the impressive, beautiful landscapes of Islas Del Rosario with its clear waters and gentle breezes. Islas Del Rosario is a protected national park with beautiful islands where you can enjoy the blue sea and the variety of tropical fish. When you are lucky you will have an encounter with the beautiful dolphins. This is a day of relaxation, so enjoy to the fullest!
Optional – Fisher Village ‘La Boquilla
A perfect tour for people who love to get in contact with the native population of this Afro-Cartagena village of fisherman. Learn from the locals how to make a fishing net, how to catch crabs, how to throw the nets and catch fish in the Juan Polo’s Lagoon. After fishing you will head to the kitchen of a local fisherman family. You will learn how to cook the caught fish and crabs and they will prepare some typical dishes like coconut rice. A very authentic experience! After lunch there is enough time to relax at the beach, in a hammock and enjoy the sunshine.
Optional – ‘La Boquilla’ – Volcano Totumo
After taking a medical bath (30 minutes) in the mud volcano Totumo in Galerazamba, where you will also receive a complimentary coconut water, you will continue your trip to ‘La Boquilla’. A village of fishermen, where a local guide will take you on board of a wooden canoe through the Mangrove forest and its natural tunnels (The Love and The Happiness tunnels) into the Juan Polo Swamp. During this ride the guide will tell you more about the ecosystem of the Mangrove forest (flora and wildlife). At the end of your trip you can enjoy a typical fish dish with plantains. In the afternoon there is plenty of time to go to the beach, play some volleyball or soccer, or to just relax and sunbath.
Day 12 – Departure
- Today it is time to say goodbye to the beautiful country of Colombia which has surely enchanted you with its diverse, beautiful landscapes and its friendly people.
- You will be taken to the airport in Cartagena and from there head back home with a lot of new impressions and experiences that will last a lifetime.